Grab It Now
Future Malwares - Some Do\'s and Don\'ts
Many types of Malicious software’s exist termed as malwares in the form of malicious code, virus, Trojan horse and logic bombs. They remain inactive until user initiates or user takes some action upon them they get spread basically via online sharing activities over the internet .Activities like downloading documents, programs, sharing media, or can be purposely spread by cyber criminals. One of the best ways to conduct this kind of attack is via email –communication which comes from unknown source. Once the user clicks on the link his system is compromised and he shares such an email to his friends he is unknowingly spreading the malware.
These types of attacks are automated by creating malicious code or a piece of software called malware that is ready to compromise huge number of systems at a time. goal of conducting such type of an attack is to gain the sensitive information, social security numbers, credit card details .However malwares can bypass the security of a system like firewall, antivirus and yet interesting thing is that these malwares get stored in a RAM of a computer rather than hard drive that makes it difficult to get detected .so, they reside in RAM and gets flushed as the system gets rebooted making it difficult to trace as it leaves no evidence behind. Many web sites are infected with malware, and the organizations do not know this because the malware encrypts itself, encodes itself, and carries out activities in a random fashion so that its malicious activities are not easily replicated and studied.
Following are the dos and don’ts when it comes to malware -
1. Every mobile device, server, workstation should have antimalware program installed.
2. User should not be able to & should not disable the antivirus protection.
3. Antivirus should be updated regularly and automatically.
4. All external devices or USB devices should be scanned automatically.
5. Antivirus policies & procedures should be reviewed regularly.
6. Boot virus protection should be provided by antivirus.
7. Antivirus protection should process on gateway and every device.
8. Scheduled antivirus scans should be automated regularly.
courtesy by Mr. Amit Darange
If you like this post, please like us on Facebook too.